Friday, March 27, 2009

Family Update

Last weekend we went downtown to the St. Patrick's Day parade. I know, it was AFTER St. Patrick's Day....but the parade was rained out on the 14th and moved to the 21st. It was the first parade the kids have seen, and both had a good time. They especially loved the music and all of the dogs! And I can't believe how many Irish Step Dancing schools are in the area...there must have been at least four participating in the parade! Maybe in a few more years Keira can take a class (and she and cousin Tessa can put on a family show).

Sunday night Chris and I went to the Canes/Caps hockey game. It was nice to have a night out without the kids, and an even better night because the Canes won! We had a great time tailgating with the Patenaudes (and friends) before the game...and I'm secretly hoping that the Canes/Caps will be 3 and 6 in the final standings so they'll meet each other in the playoffs.
Most of you have probably heard my recent job news...but just in case not, I wanted to update everyone. I was laid off on March 11th, but they gave me 30 days notice, so my last day with Nielsen will be April 10th. I am going to take my time finding something else, and in the meantime am looking forward to being home with the kids. I have a lot of SAHM friends here, and there are a ton of things to do in the Raleigh area. I am thankful we moved to Raleigh, as it gives us the flexibility we wouldn't have had in NOVA. Stay tuned to the blog for more family adventures!

No comments: